Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Finding a hole in an inflatable pool

We have one of those Quikset pools where you inflate a ring at the top of the pool and as you fill it up with water, the sides rise up. Well, several weeks ago, our cat decided to lay on the side - and apparently fell off! She poked several holes in the ring with her claws! Well, I found several of them right away and patched them. But the ring has had a slow leak (which causes problems with the skimmer and pump) since then. I have tried several times to find the leak - I mean I have spent ALOT of time searching. I was sure it was close to where the others were, but could NOT find it.

Well, today my dh told me to try using the soapy scrubby thing that we use to wash dishes to rub soap over the ring and see if it bubbles up. I was desperate, so I tried it. And voila! I found it - about 3 inches left of where I started, but, you guessed it, I went to the right!!! Well, now the edges are all nice and clean ALL the way around:-).

So, as you begin setting up your swimming pools and other inflatable things for the summer, remember this tip and you will save yourself alot of aggravation and time. Use soap to find the small holes. It actually bubbled up in one big bubble, kind of like bubble gum. It was actually pretty cool and much easier to find than all the previous times I had tried. That sure Worked For Me!

For more Works For Me Wednesday tips and ideas, check out Rocks In My Dryer.

8 comments:

ttelroc said...

Yep that is a great tip! I know it is what plumbers use to make sure there arent' any leaks in gas pipes. But i hadn't thought of transplating that to inflatables. Cool!

Have a great day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this trick on our inflatable mattress. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Has anybody heard of a spray that goes in the pool ring that stops the leaks?

Unknown said...

wow... this is down to the letter the same exact problem I have. Cat and all. ha. Thanks so much for this tip. I'm going to try it first thing tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Wow.. this is the exact problem I have, down to the letter.. cat and all. ha. Thanks so much for the tip. I'm going to try it first thing tomorrow!

non said...

Great! We have a problem with our newly bought pool which apparently has a tiny hole somewhere, but we couldn't find it. WE will try using the soap as you said here! Thanks for the tip! =)

Anonymous said...

I really thought this would never work, but right before my eyes, it bubbled up and I found three holes! Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

haha this is funny, I tried this but instead of getting a little bubble i heard a sucking noise and all the soap was going in the hole. strange but i still found the hole! thanks for the tip!