Friday, May 09, 2008

All Natural Shampoo Bars and Body Bars


Several months ago, I ordered some samples from the Chagrin Valley Soap Company because I wanted to try some shampoo bars to get away from commercial shampoo products (which contain ingredients I would rather not put on my hair). I ordered three shampoo bar samples and two body bar samples and still have not used them all. I have been VERY pleased with the products. The first shampoo bar that I used was Chamomile and Citrus. I liked this very much - it left my hair feeling soft and very clean. The next one I tried was Rosemary Lavender, and I think my hair was a little more dry and had more static than the other one. I still have Olive & Babassu to try and I will let you know how I like that one. The first body bar that I tried was Honey Butter and I LOVE it! It has rich nutritious unrefined shea butter, unrefined cocoa butter, mango butter, honey, and aloe vera. I am sad that it is almost gone because I could even use it on my face and it left it clean and soft, but not dry at all (and I have really dry skin and live in the desert, too!) I will definitely be ordering another full size of that body bar. Then I tried Herbal Mist which is loaded with shea butter and sunflower oil, and although I like it, I still prefer the Honey Butter. I just read that the owner of Chagrin Valley Soap Company, Ida, has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is having surgery on May 12th. So I encourage you to go to their website and order some of their products. She won't be able to make any new soap for awhile, but there is plenty that they already have in stock and I am sure they would appreciate the business. Their son is working with them so their business will not suffer greatly. Also, go on over to The Breast Cancer Site and click on the button for giving a free mammogram. It doesn't cost you anything but a second of your time, and it will help provide free mammograms for those women who cannot afford them.

For more Works For Me Wednesday ideas, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

No comments: