Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mixing Fruit in Your Cobbler is Great!








This week, I had some peaches that were about to go bad, so I decided to make another cobbler. However, there weren't quite enough peaches, so I decided to add some blackberries. I didn't know exactly how that would work out, but it was REALLY scrumptious! The sweet peaches and the tangy blackberries made a great combination! I have been using a very basic cobbler recipe that I really like. And I use freshly ground whole grain flour and honey, which makes it even better!
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar (or 1/2 up honey)
1 stick melted butter
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix together and spread over berries. Bake at 350 degrees until crust turns golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

So don't be afraid to experiment by combining different fruit in your cobbler. You may come up with something great! For more great Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, visit Tammy's Recipes.

No comments: