Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas Already?

Wow, it seems like Christmas music is played earlier and earlier! And I know quite a few people who have already put up their Christmas trees!! Really??? It is only the beginning of November!! And I saw my first Hallmark Christmas commercial on TV this past week - the first week of November!!

What is going on? It seems like there is almost a desperation this year to begin celebrating Christmas. Perhaps, with the economy the way it is, we all want to just forget the tough stuff and celebrate. I guess that isn't a bad thing, just seems really strange. However, I would like to take time to celebrate Thanksgiving - giving thanks to our awesome God for all He is, has done and will continue to do in our lives!!

I am so thankful that I can find such great deals on groceries so that I can feed my family very well on such a little amount of money each week. I am very thankful for the opportunities and friends that He is bringing into my childrens' lives this year. I am extremely thankful for my dear husband and children - my life would seem so empty without them. I am thankful for the friends that God has brought into my life. I am thankful that I can homeschool my kids, even though it makes the finances so tight. I wouldn't trade it for the best salary in the world! My children and the opportunity to homeschool them means more to me than having the means to buy lots of things or afford a nicer house.

Well, the list could go on and on......I am SO VERY THANKFUL for so many things!! God is amazingly awesome and powerful and deserves all of our praise and glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, I posted a similar post on my blog
www.stacyloggins.blogspot.com

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Candie said...

Indeed, we have much to be thankful for! I just launched a blog in support of the Hope and Healing God is threading among women and girls worldwide...many of whom are suffering greatly:

Stitchable Sisters
http://stitchablesisters.wordpress.com/

May our thankfulness overflow in such a way that it spills out of our lives and into the lives of others who need to experience God's Love through us!