Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Really Nice Birthday!


Today was my birthday and I just wanted to share what my family did for me. First, my lovely dd made (with a little assistance) an incredible coconut cake completely from scratch (we started with 2 whole coconuts) using Alton Brown's recipe from Good Eats! It is SO delicious - I think I will make myself sick eating all this deliciousness!!

My hubby gave me a really cute case/tote for my laptop,and my son gave me fantastic headphones so I can listen/watch things on my laptop. We went out for breakfast at Denny's (you get a free breakfast on your birthday!!) since my hubby had to work, and then we are going to eat cake and watch "Fireproof" when he comes home tonight. All in all, I think it has been a very nice day! And my family is so great to me!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Erica! Happy Birthday...! The cake that your daughter made sounds wonderful...how about sharing a piece? It is a nice day here in Minnesota...! Barbara