Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Football Camp Time

Yesterday morning, my son was off to his first varsity football camp!  They are up in Snowflake, AZ where the temps are beautiful (70s-80s) and the elevations is between 6,000-7,000ft.  They are planning to hold 3-4 practices each day!!!  I sure hope they have ALOT of good, nutritional food to feed all those boys!!

Ok, I am having a hard time not worrying about him:-)  But I guess that is a mom's job!  I sent some granola bars and Powerades with him, but I worry that he will not eat enough, drink enough, get hurt, etc.  I just keep on praying for him and putting him in God's hands....again.

If you have a son who is into football or another high intensity sport, you need to be sure that he takes in enough calories to sustain the level of activity.  I read a fantastic article a while back that really helped me to see how high his caloric intake should be and what it should consist of as far as protein, carbs, etc.  Here is a link to Fueling for Football, if you are interested.

No comments: