Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Great Use for Pillsbury Refrigerator Biscuits

As you should know by now, I try to make everything from scratch as much as possible.  There are some things I just can't keep up with to make from scratch.  One of those things is biscuits.  I am not a great baker (except for bread and I never mess with the recipe:-), so things like biscuits take me too much time and hassle to make from scratch.  I have done it several times, but the results just aren't worth the effort.  Perhaps if I had someone who could come and show me how to do it, I might have better success than just reading a recipe.

So I watch for sales on Pillsbury Grands Biscuits and use coupons to get them for $1 or less each.  However, I just found out that you can make donuts, like the ones at the Chinese buffets, with these biscuits.  All you do is heat up about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees and then drop the biscuits whole or cut into 4 pieces (cook more quickly this way) into the oil.  Turn them over when you see them begin to brown and wait a few more moments.  Remove from oil, drain on paper towel and then toss in a  paper bag with some sugar in it.  Oh my, these are SOOOOOO good!

We decided they were WAY too easy to make - might become a problem for our waistlines!!  And there are none left to take pictures of since they were eaten so rapidly.  I like to use the Grands Jr. biscuits for this and just cut them in half. 

Have you come across any novel uses for Pillsbury Grands Biscuits?  I would love to hear your ideas!

No comments: