Monday, July 21, 2008

Quilted Wallets for Hope House

Last week while my kids were away on a missions trip, I made a couple of quilted wallets that will be sold to help raise funds for Hope House International.I have made a number of these wallets before using the tutorial from that*darn*kat. I make a few changes and/or additions each time, but she has provided a great tutorial. The really cool thing is that you can actually use some of your scraps to make these since you can piece them together. This fabric I actually bought specifically to make these wallets and I have lots more, too. Next, I am going to try adding an ID pocket on the outside flap for your driver's license. I have also added a loop to hold a pen inside on some of them. I will be selling these on Hope House Handmades Etsy store, so check it out if you are interested.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat wallets. You did such a great job on them too.

Melanie said...

Those are beautiful wallets! Lovely craftsmanship. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment on the horses notebooking set. Always good to hear feedback from my readers!


Melanie
NotebookLearning.com

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very productive trip - I like your blog (first time visitor - i came from 5 Minutes For Mom

RecycleCindy said...

Cute wallets! I like the idea of using scrap materials. I'll have to put this on that ever growing to-do list.