Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Have You Wondered Where I Was?

Well, I know there are some of you who read my blog regularly, so surely SOMEONE missed me! We were away on a trip to visit my brother and his family in Maryland. We had a wonderful time and spent a day in Philadelphia visiting the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the Franklin Institute. What a great time of learning about history and science! Counts as TWO school days, don't you think? We also visited the famous Philly Cheesesteak capitol of the world where Geno's and Pat's King of Steaks sit across the street from each other in direct competition for the world's (or at least Philly's) best cheesesteaks!! Well, we tried them both and all voted for Pat's King of Steaks! They were marvelous and loaded with meat, cheese, mushrooms, peppers and onions! Not to mention that they were much larger and only $1.00 more. It was a fun adventure for the kids and I.Sadly, my hubby could not get off work to come with us:-( but the kids still had a great time with their Uncle Ric - flying, boating, tubing and more! He is the exciting uncle that takes the kids to do some rather adventurous stuff. So my kids are always thrilled to spend time with him. And now that they have two children, my kids love to visit their cousins - Jabin, 7 and little Josiah, almost 2. I had a very enjoyable time visiting with both my brother and his lovely wife, Karen. And I enjoyed loving on my little nephews - I don't get to see them often enough!

Now I am back and will, hopefully, be blogging on a regular basis and providing you with lots of money saving ideas, recipes and homeschooling encouragement. Please leave me a comment so I know you have visited (especially if I know you personally!) And don't miss the opportunity to win a great giveaway in the previous post about The Schoolhouse Planner and Old Schoolhouse Magazine.

No comments: