Monday, July 20, 2009

Falling in Love with Peaches and Apricots

All my life, I have avoided "fuzzy" fruit. You know, peaches and apricots. I just didn't have a taste for fuzzy skin. But now, in my abundant maturity:-), I have found that I absolutely LOVE apricots and white peaches!! The apricots have to be a little firm still, but they are so nice and sweet/tart and help with the digestive system, too (if you know what I mean). And then I bought some white peaches from Sprouts this week and they are perfectly delightful! When you cut them, the slices just fall away from the stone and they are firm, yet ripe, and taste sweet, but different from yellow peaches. If you, like me, have avoided the "fuzzy" fruit, you have to try them again. You may find, like me, that they are wonderfully delicious!

Just thought I'd share:-)

No comments: