Saturday, September 12, 2009

Apologies for Not Posting Grocery Deals

I need to apologize to any of you who count on me for your weekly grocery shopping deals list. I didn't get a chance to post it this week because of several things. First of all, last week my son was injured in his first football game of the season (after working hard for 8 months for this day). His injury will take 6-8 weeks to heal and we have been trying to adjust to dealing with this. The medical name for his injury is ASIS (Anterior Superior Iliac Spine) Sartorius Avulsion Fracture. In other words, the sartorius muscle (which is a rather small thigh muscle that runs from the inside of your knee to the outside of your pelvis) tore a piece of bone from the pelvis. Because of his age, it will heal all by itself (bone growing back to bone). However, in the meantime, he cannot lift his leg at all. That little sartorius muscle is the main one that enables you to lift your leg. So he is on crutches, but even that isn't easy since he can't lift his leg off the ground. And he is in constant pain, however it isn't sharp pain, just an ongoing aching - sometimes worse than others. So that has occupied my time and emotions lately.

Also, I didn't get the sales ads on Wednesday until the evening!! I don't know what the deal is, but Wednesdays are the day that the mail comes the absolute latest! Sometimes I think it isn't coming at all:-) So I didn't get to it on Wednesday and then it just slipped my mind (couldn't do any grocery shopping myself because of tight finances).

I sincerely apologize to any of you who may rely on my to provide the best deals! Please forgive me and I will do my best to get back on track next week.

Here are a couple of things not to miss:

Albertsons:
Milk $1.39/gal
General Mills or Post Cereals $1.50
Red, Green or Black seedless grapes $0.79/lb
Coke 2 liters $0.79
Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce $0.99

Basha's:
Milk $1.39/gal
Eggs $0.88/dozen

Food City:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts $1.39/lb
Bananas $0.33/lb

Fry's:
Milk $1.37/gal
Raspberries 6 oz/$1
Campbells Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup $0.49
Maruchan Ramen Noodles $0.10
Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna $0.47
Kroger Value Sugar $1.69/4 lb
Vegetable Oil 48 oz. $1.99
Hunt's Snack Pack Pudding 4 pk $0.88
Tomato Sauce 8 oz $0.15
Gala Apples $0.77/lb
Bartlett Pears 2 lbs/$1

Pro's Ranch Market:
Green Grapes 2 lbs/$0.99
Bartlett Pears 3 lbs/$0.99
Plums or Pluots 2 lbs/$0.99

Safeway:
Pork Loin Chops $0.99/lb
80% lean ground beef $1.29/lb
Gala Apples $0.69/lb
Lucerne Milk $1.39/gal
Mission Tortilla chips $0.99 (limit 1 - Fri, Sat, Sun only)
Lucerne Cheese slices $0.99 (limit 1 - Fri, Sat, Sun only)

Sprouts:
Goji Berry Trail Mix $3.99/lb (my favorite - been waiting for a sale:-)
Pepper Jack Cheese $1.99/lb

Remember that WalMart price matches, as long as it is the SAME item. So you don't have to run around to different stores to get the deals necessarily.

Hope you have great grocery shopping deals this week!

No comments: