Monday, January 17, 2011

Homemade Cinnamon Chipotle Rub

I used to be able to buy McCormick's Cinnamon Chipotle Rub at a "dented can" store in Yuma for really cheap.  And I tried it on grilled pork chops to the rave reviews of my kiddos.  But, since moving to Mesa, I haven't been able to find it, let alone at a cheap price.

So I decided to find a recipe that would duplicate this wonderful rub.  Here is my version of the rub recipe:

Cinnamon Chipotle Rub

2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup cinnamon
dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
few grinds of fresh black pepper
2 T crushed chipotle pepper seasoning

Mix and store in a jar.  Rub liberally on ham, pork roast, pork chops, chicken, etc. and grill, roast, bake, etc.  Note: on chicken, place run under the skin for best flavor.

No comments: