Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Several Hummus Recipes

Did you know that you can substitute peanut butter for tahini in hummus recipes? I came across this somewhere and have used it many times because I NEVER have tahini (too expensive for me:-). Well, it gives a little sweeter, nuttier taste, but it is really good! So, keep in mind that I used peanut butter in all of these recipes.

This recipe is for Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and it is SO yummy! I think this is my family's favorite.

I like things spicy, so I tried this Jalapeno Hummus and loved it too!

This Black Bean and Chickpea Hummus was the first hummus I made because it is tahini-free (before I found out about using peanut butter). It is good, too!

I hope you can enjoy a little hummus with your homemade Whole Wheat Pita from yesterday - what a tasty treat for the tastebuds!

No comments: