Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today I made Turkey Pepperoni from scratch!


Ok, here is what I did today - I made Turkey PEPPERONI! And boy, is it spicy! We really like it!

I used Tammy's Recipe, but I used ground turkey and instead of Morton's TenderQuick Curing Salt (which I couldn't find anywhere), I just used regular salt. This way, it doesn't have any nitrates or nitrites, either. I will keep it refrigerated or frozen so that it won't spoil anyway.

Here is the meat just before going into the oven.

It takes 4 days to make, but it is worth it! Not only is it healthier and tastier, but it is about 1/4 of the cost of Turkey Pepperoni at WalMart. Now I can't wait to make pizza and try it out! Of course, I make my own whole grain pizza crust. I will share that recipe another day, too.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That looks great-- I will definitely try it!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

That sounds great. I'll definitely try it soon. ;)