Monday, September 08, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

It really helps my week go more smoothly (and meals prepared on time) when I plan out my menus ahead of time. But, alas, I am not a very organized/planning ahead type of person on a daily basis. I truly do like to cook whatever I feel like that day:-), but it is certainly not the most time efficient. So, since I am rather busy this week, I thought it would be a good time to get this ball rolling. Keep in mind, this is a starting place and I MAY veer off the plan from time to time, but at least I know that I have all the ingredients I need for these meals and the rest of the things that I need to do each day will have more time to get done (since I don't have to "ponder" what to make and whether I have what I need).

So here goes:

Monday
Breakfast - Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
Lunch - leftovers from the weekend (Pizza Pasta)
Dinner - Enchilada Casserole with Salad

Tuesday
Breakfast - Egg, turkey ham and cheese sammies (on homemade whole grain buns)
Lunch - leftovers from Monday
Dinner - Oven Baked Ribs and BBQ Beans (making and freezing these for BD Party on Saturday)

Wednesday
Breakfast - leftover Whole Grain and Nut Pancakes
Lunch - leftovers from Tuesday
Dinner - Lasagna (already in freezer) and Salad

Thursday
Breakfast - Scrambled Egg Burritos
Lunch - leftovers from Wednesday
Dinner - Homemade Sloppy Joes on homemade whole grain buns and cole slaw (making for BD Party Saturday)

Friday
Breakfast - Homemade Granola Cereal or Fruit (on the go)
Lunch - eating out because in town all day
Dinner - eating out because on the road travelling

Saturday
Breakfast - ? because we will be visiting friends
Lunch - ? preparing for BD party (for both my kids:-)
Dinner - Cookout with Hamburgers, Sausages and Chicken Legs/Thighs, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, BBQ Beans - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CODY & ALISSA!!!


If you would like to join in Menu Plan Monday or just get menu ideas, go on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie to check it out.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM, thanks for joining us!!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy menu! The oven baked ribs and BBQ beans sound fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great menu! Thanks for your comment on my site. I hope the yogurt works out for you. :)