Thursday, September 25, 2008

We All Scream for Ice Cream...Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter!

Yesterday, I was reading Passionate Homemaking and saw her recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream. It looked so easy (and my kids are always begging me to make ice cream - that ice cream maker sits around doing nothing most of the time) and I knew my family would love it. So I decided to try it. Yummmmmmmm! And I don't normally like chocolate, but this uses cocoa powder and tastes just like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!Here is her recipe, but I made a few changes. First, I don't have access to raw milk, so I just used whole milk and heavy cream (cheap here in Mexico). Also, I just ground up some fresh peanut butter and used honey and sucanat in the ice cream. So all in all, it is pretty healthy - as long as you don't eat a quart in one sitting:-) It is also pretty inexpensive, considering that a 1/2 gallon of good ice cream costs about $5.00! This probably was less than $3.00 total.I can't wait to try her Coconut Ice Cream recipe - that is my FAVORITE flavor!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Mmmm, say can you bring that to the TOS Crew slumber party? That will go great with the brownies and M&Ms-
Wanted to say Hi to you Matey, and let you know I am looking forward to working with you on this fun project. Have a great weekend....
Blessings,
Sheri (aka: 1 of 100)

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! Thank you for submitting it to the Homesteading Carnival.

In a couple of hours, the carnival will be visible here:
http://www.howtome.com/?p=312

:-)

putra said...

i like ice cream.