Monday, December 22, 2008

What Are You Baking for Christmas?

I began my baking today for Christmas - finally! Life has been a little busy with moving and all, but I am beginning to get settled in and today I began my baking.

First, I made 3 batches of peanut brittle. This was my first time to do it by myself and it turned out great! And I even taught my daughter how to make it.

Then, I had to go and do all my shopping to get all the ingredients for baking and Christmas Eve and Day meals. Then I made 2 Key Lime Pies from the original recipe my mom got from the guy who invented it in Key West, FL. This is such a simple recipe, but SO yummy!

There are only 4 ingredients:
5 egg yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup of key lime juice (I squeeze my own from Mexican limes - the small ones)
1 graham cracker pie shell

Mix the first three ingredients together and pour into the pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and you are done!! Top with some freshly whipped cream and you have a winner dessert for any occasion!

Tomorrow I will be baking pumpkin pies and pumpkin roll, as well as pumpkin dinner rolls. Then we will be making snickerdoodles and peanut butter M&M cookies. That will be all for us!

How about you? What are you baking (or have you baked) for Christmas? Care to share a recipe or two?

No comments: