Monday, January 19, 2009

A Very Productive and Frugal Day

Today was very busy, but also very productive. I had a lot to do today and my hubby canceled a breakfast meeting to stay home and help me. You see, my brother and his family are coming to visit us tomorrow for the week. Since we just moved here last month, there were alot of little things that hadn't quite gotten done and I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I really appreciated the sacrifice my hubby made to help me.

After getting all that done, I then made some homemade buttermilk since my brother likes buttermilk. I also made some peanut brittle and peanut butter. Then I made a double batch of my homemade granola cereal so we would have enough for the week with extra mouths to feed.

I also made a trip to Albertson's to take advantage of a great deal they had for free eggs, milk and bread, as well as many items for only $1.88. And strawberries were only $1.48 for a large container, as well as blueberries for $1.88 a pint. Picked up some Scott Extra Soft Toilet Tissue for $.88 and some Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce for $.88, too. I also stopped by Basha's to get their chicken breasts for $.69/lb. I was able to get 6 packages with 4 breasts in each.

I also refilled my foam soap and mixed up some liquid for a box of baby wipes that had gone dry. Whew! It makes me exhausted just reiterating all this for you! I was very busy, my family all helped, too, and we accomplished a great deal!

Have some last minute cleaning to do in preparation tomorrow morning, but we are very excited to have them coming to visit us in our new house!

No comments: