Sunday, March 09, 2008

Candy Wrapper Purses



I just came upon these, but apparently they have been around for awhile and are a fallback to the days when we made these chains out of gum wrappers. We thought they were adorable and will be making and selling them to raise funds for Hope House International.

Here is a link to the best step-by-step directions that I could find on the internet, in case you would like to make one, too.

Apparently, you can make them from all different kinds of things including newspaper (covered in celophane), wrapping paper, gum wrapper, candy bar wrappers, cookie wrappers, and more!

For more ideas of things you can make, check out Make It From Scratch!

6 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

Those candy wrapper purses are so cool. I want to make one of those one of these days. Wonderful MIFS!

Anonymous said...

Very clever! I remember making chains from gum wrapper, but that's all we ever made-
chains.
This is a great idea and it should do very well for your fund raiser.
Good luck.

Amber M. said...

Fabulous!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Oh how fun! I was just thinking about chains from gum wrappers recently and that I don't remember how to make them. Thanks for posting! :D

Lisa B. said...

What a cool idea! I want an orange one, but who is going to eat all those reeses? hehe

Candy Wrapper Purse Directions said...

mmmm...Reese's. I'll eat em!

Love those candy wrapper bags.

I made a blog to show you how to make em too!

http://makeacandywrapperpurse.blogspot.com/