Sunday, March 09, 2008

You Can Make Roll-Ups for So Many Things!

I first made crayon roll-ups for Christmas gifts. Then I made a roll-up for my daughter's watercolor pencils, so she wouldn't lose anymore of them. Well, my son wanted a roll-up - masculine, of course, - for his drum sticks. So here are some photos of the drumstick roll-up.
I didn't use a pattern, just the basic concept that I learned from making the first crayon roll-ups translated into the appropriate size for drum sticks. And I braided some jute for the tie. He is happy with it!

You can also make roll-ups for knitting needles, crochet needles and just about anything that would fit in slots (there are even knife roll-ups for chefs!)

Go on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesday tips and ideas!


S.B. said...

Cute idea. My mom is an artist so this would be great for me to make her for her brushes.

Be Thrifty Like Us

Amy said...

I have got to learn how to sew! I keep seeing these amazing things that I know I could make, if only I sewed. Sigh.

Cool tip. If I ever figure out the sewing thing, I'm making one for my daughter's colored pencils.