Sunday, March 09, 2008

You Can Make Roll-Ups for So Many Things!


I first made crayon roll-ups for Christmas gifts. Then I made a roll-up for my daughter's watercolor pencils, so she wouldn't lose anymore of them. Well, my son wanted a roll-up - masculine, of course, - for his drum sticks. So here are some photos of the drumstick roll-up.
I didn't use a pattern, just the basic concept that I learned from making the first crayon roll-ups translated into the appropriate size for drum sticks. And I braided some jute for the tie. He is happy with it!

You can also make roll-ups for knitting needles, crochet needles and just about anything that would fit in slots (there are even knife roll-ups for chefs!)

Go on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesday tips and ideas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute idea. My mom is an artist so this would be great for me to make her for her brushes.


S.B.
Be Thrifty Like Us
http://bethriftylikeus.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

I have got to learn how to sew! I keep seeing these amazing things that I know I could make, if only I sewed. Sigh.

Cool tip. If I ever figure out the sewing thing, I'm making one for my daughter's colored pencils.