Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Best Writer I Have Ever Read (And I Read Alot!)

I just have to share with you this book and author that we have been reading for our devotion time together in the morning. A good while back, I borrowed this book off the shelf in my great aunt's house. When we finished reading all of the Jesus Freaks books, Extreme Devotion along with Heroic Faith (I HIGHLY recommend these), we began reading this book, They Walked With The Savior.

I have been totally amazed at how author Scott Hagan uses so many literary devices to paint such incredible pictures of the people and things that he is talking about! The book brings out many new and different viewpoints and ideas about people who encountered Christ and does it in a very unique way. Every day I am amazed at how much fun it is to read this book! If you have read my blog for very long, you will find that I don't often recommend books. I don't know why, since I read so many. But maybe because very few impress me this much.
I have found that Hagan has written another book along similar lines called They Felt The Spirit's Touch that I am planning to buy in order to read after this one. I am hoping to win a GC to either Amazon or CBD over on the Bloggy Giveaway that I can buy it with.
Just for your info, he has also written a children's book called "Big Bad Bible Bullies" that would probably be fantastic for kids! Let me know if you have ever read any of his books and what you thought. And if you do read because of my recommendation, I would love to know your thoughts.

No comments: