Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Frugal Gift Made From Scratch


This week my daughter was invited to one of her best friends' sister's quinceanera (15th birthday party) which is a really big shindig here in Mexico. This was one of the fanciest I have ever seen - as fancy and elaborate as any wedding I have ever been to! Anyway, two days before it, she realized she needed a gift. So I got to work and in about an hour I was able to make this darling quilted wallet for her. (sorry for the bad photos:-)
My daughter chose the colors (teal and brown prints) and I used the measurements from a terrific tutorial that I found several months ago by That Darn Kat.These are the kinds of wallets that we are going to be making and selling for Hope House to help support the ladies and girls who live there. You can check out the purses and other items already for sale over at our Etsy shop.

Check out all the other entries at the Make It From Scratch Carnival over at Stop the Ride.

For more great stuff, check out The Homestead Carnival over on Seeking Rest in the Ancient Paths.

1 comment:

Lisa Knight said...

neat wallet! thanks for sharing with the MIFS group!