Sunday, February 24, 2008

Old Cookbook Treasure...A World of Good Eating

I love to cook and I love cookbooks, in case you hadn't figured that out by reading this blog:-). A little while back, we were at a library used book sale and found a couple of wonderful treasures! Most of them were free on the discard table, including this quaint and nostalgic cookbook.

It has lovely pictures and is all handwritten (then copied , of course). There are recipes from around the world including the British Isles, China, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Scandinavia and America. It was published in 1951 and I think it is missing some pages in the back (no back cover), but a treasure it is!I haven't yet tried any of these recipes, but now that I got if off the shelf, I think I will browse and see what looks good! Don't forsake checking out the free tables at your local library's book sale - you never know what treasure you may find!

And check out The Daily Planet for The Homesteading Carnival with lots more ideas for cooking, saving and just great living!

No comments: