Thursday, February 07, 2008

Romancing Our Children....? Sounds Great!


I just came upon a blog about Romancing Our Children over at The Heart of the Matter. It really made me think and gave me some great ideas for Valentine's Day. Check out Christina's ideas and add your own if you have any.

I'm thinking LOTS of little notes written on hearts hidden all around the house when they get up on Valentine's Day (for hubby, too:-). I will also be making special meals that day like heart-shaped pancakes (whole grain and nut, of course) or eggs-in-the-middle-of-toast using a heart cookie cutter. You just take a piece of bread (preferably whole grain) and using a heart cookie cutter, cut out the middle of the bread. Then melt a little butter in a skillet and place the bread and the cutout part in the skillet. Break an egg into the middle of the bread and cook until bread is toasted (flip for other side). My kids LOVE this!

I think cream puffs with pink cream inside would be a very special dessert, too! And since steak is so rare (pun intended) in our house, I think that will have to be the special Valentine's Dinner for us.

What are your plans for Valentine's Day? Care to share?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post and YUMMY ideas!!! Thanks for sharing.
(Beautiful music, too!!!)