Monday, February 04, 2008

Studying "The Messiah" by Handel


As part of our unit study on Ancient Rome, we have been studying and listening to The Messiah, by George Frederick Handel. My sister-in-law sent the 2 disc set to me for Christmas and while I thought it was a nice gift, I wasn't particularly excited about it. But little did I realize (since I didn't look ahead much) that we would actually be studying and listening to the entire production as part of our next unit! How excited I was when I realized how God had used My dsil Karen to provide exactly what we needed!

And I want to tell you that is has been so wonderful! Over the last couple of weeks, we have been listening to several parts each day and reading the scriptures they were taken from and discussing how the music "acts out" the words. It as been so educational, as well as beautiful! I want to thank Dorian Holt (author of Learning Adventures) for including this incredible study in her curriculum.

No comments: