Monday, February 11, 2008

Weird, but True...Homeschooling and Real Life

We are currently studying earthquakes, and guess what just happened?!! We had an earthquake!! No kidding!! It was centered about 25 miles away in Baja California and was 5.1 on the richter scale. I was typing on my computer and the whole table started moving!! My husband said the walls even moved! Yikes!! My son, standing a few feet away didn't even feel it, but he saw the water in the cooler moving and the hanging basket in the kitchen swinging.

So I went online and found the info about it from the U.S. Geological Survey site, and sure enough, there it was! Within the last hour! They have a place for you to report what you experienced, so I filled out that page and submitted our info. How cool was that to be able to participate in their research? We have felt a few small earthquakes here in the 5 years we have been here, but thankfully nothing really big.

Well, that was enough excitement for one day:-)! Hope there isn't anything bigger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your submission to the Homeschool Carnival. You can find your post at http://ericnovak.com/?p=145

Eric Novak