Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Warm Up with Turkey Noodle Soup

The photo doesn't do it justice, because it was really yummy! I had some turkey left over from last week (I cooked a whole turkey that was extra from Christmas when they were cheap) and decided to make some hot turkey noodle soup. I don't know about you, but I don't really use a recipe when I make these kinds of soup.

Here is what I did:
Chop up 1/2 an onion, 2 cloves garlic, some left over celery and carrot sticks. Saute in oil until onion is soft. Add 8 cups of water and about 2 cups of leftover turkey gravy. Sprinkle in a little chicken bouillon (about 1 Tablespoon). Bring to a boil. Add one can of corn, about 2 cups of turkey cut into bite-size pieces and a bag of whole wheat egg noodles. Season with a little 21 Seasoning Salute, salt and pepper. Cook until noodles are tender. Then eat! I served with some homemade whole wheat croutons and it was delicious!

Do you use a recipe when cooking turkey or chicken noodle soup? Care to share your recipe?

No comments: